I am honored to speak again at one of the best SharePoint events in North America – SharePoint Fest! I actually spoke at the last 7 SharePoint Fests in a row, and hope to keep going as it’s one of the conferences I love!
I will be very active with two workshops, as well as two sessions during the conference. Even better, for both workshops I will be co-presenting with my good friend and Microsoft Regional Director Gokan Ozcifci! Here are some details about the stuff I will be speaking about!
[Full Day Workshop] WS 102 – SharePoint 2016: Design, Deploy, Configure and Manage a stable and performant SharePoint On-Premises or Hybrid Farm
A hybrid SharePoint deployment isn’t a marketing stuff from Microsoft. With SharePoint 2016 just released, many organizations are looking for ways to combine their existing SharePoint business productivities with the bright future of Office 365. But before going on a hybrid topology, you need to create the ultimate SharePoint farm.
In this full day workshop, IT Professionals will learn how to install and configure SharePoint Server 2016 per Microsoft’s best practices, and how to adapt them to their client’s budget. Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 provides a broad array of hybrid capabilities enabling you to cloud-accelerate your on-premises deployment. Learn more about the capabilities in SharePoint Server 2016 and how to best implement hybrid scenarios.
In this workshop; presented by Vlad Catrinescu (MVP) and Gokan Ozcifci (MVP) you’ll learn about:
- A comprehensive introduction into SharePoint 2016 architecture.
- The whole new Concept in Server Roles (with the MinRole Concept) and with Architectural possibilities in Hybrid deployments.
- Guidance, Best Practices and lessons learned from the field with SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016 versions, covering MinRole, high availability and common topologies scenarios.
- A clear focus on patterns, topologies, features, stacks and deployment techniques, providing useful information to understand how and when to implement hybrid scenarios with Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Learn how to manage your Microsoft SharePoint Online (SPO) and Microsoft SharePoint environments in the browser (the SharePoint Online Admin Center) and by using the SharePoint Online Management Shell. We will cover numerous scenarios and demos for both seasoned SharePoint admins and new SPO admins.
- How to optimize SharePoint Server, SQL Server, Windows Server or the Application domain to successfully implement a new SharePoint 2016 farm or improve the performance of the existing SharePoint platform.
[Half Day Workshop] WS 501 – SharePoint 2016 Powerclass for IT Professionals
The ultimate SharePoint Infrastructure / IT Pro workshop by two SharePoint MVPs: Vlad Catrinescu (MVP) and Gokan Ozcifci(MVP) about SharePoint planning, configuring, deploying, architecting and hybrid deployments – all in one – half day workshop.
This infrastructure workshop will cover the key architectural considerations for SharePoint Server along with operational management tips and tricks. Critical planning aspects of upgrade to SharePoint 2016, core infrastructure, security, performance optimization and high availability will also be included.
Coverage on the core infrastructure enablers and core configuration for Hybrid deployment will be covered as well.
[Track Session] OFF 103 – PowerShell for Office 365
Take your Office 365 Administrator skills further by learning to automate repetitive tasks using the magic of PowerShell. In this session, you will learn how to use PowerShell for Office 365, and we will focus on SharePoint online.A basic understanding of PowerShell is recommended to get the most out of this session!
[Track Session] SIA 201 – Deep Dive into designing a SharePoint 2016 Physical Architecture
SharePoint Server 2016 is the latest release of SharePoint Server and includes awesome features for business users, but quite a few changes for SharePoint IT Professionals. New features such as MinRole, combined with new requirements such as mandatory Office Online Server configuration for Business Intelligence, will change the way that SharePoint Administrators will design their SharePoint farm.
Learn how to get a free pass here: Win a free Pass to SharePoint Fest Denver 2017
Hope to see you all there!