Hello User Group leaders! Last week Microsoft asked me if I wanted to organize a User Group Leader lunch at the SharePoint Conference in Las Vegas! Of course I said yes and I got two great community leaders, Craig Lussier and Doug Hemminger to help me!
After working hard on setting up everything, we got the final details down and wanted to announce them to you!
Room: Tuscano 3709-3710 (Make sure you follow @vladcatrinescu on twitter incase there is an update!)
Time: 12:15PM on Tuesday, March 4th. (Edited on March 1st. The SPUG Leader lunch, will end at 1 PM and the SharePoint Saturday Organizer lunch will continue in the same room afterwards)
Lunch: Lunch will NOT be served, so stop by the cafeteria beforehand and bring it to the room!
- [10 minutes] Eat, Socialize and Be Merry
- [5 minutes – Vlad] Kickoff. Explain the purpose of the lunch and the agenda.
[10 minutes – Marissa Salazar] Explain the concept and benefits of the Microsoft Technical Communicates (MSTC)
- The new User Group listing highlighted
- Recommended practices surrounding listing your meetings/events and contributing content
[10 minutes – Craig] TechNet Wiki & Curah
- Wiki – http://technet.com/wiki
- Short presentation about the Wiki and its community worldwide
- User Groups portal
- How to contribute and encouraging user group members to contribute
- TechNet Guru Awards program – Monthly Contest
Curah – http://curah.microsoft.com
- Introducing Curah
- Curating the best of the web
- Why should you curate?
- Note: Craig will take questions throughout
- [15 minutes – Vlad/Doug] Structured discussion of challenges and ideas. (If you want specific stuff included, please comment and we will do our best to include it in the discussion)
- [5 minutes – Vlad] – Closing
We will be taking notes, and if you have any feedback for the MSTC team, or the SharePoint team, we would be more than happy to forward it to them afterwards! Please tweet this session to all the user group leaders you know!
Vlad, Craig and Doug.